AnDevCon Boston Ask Me Anything
Recently, I was interviewed in a Hangout on Air for promoting my upcoming talk on Material Design implementation at AnDevCon Boston. You can find the entire interview along with some of my answers on their site.
Prior to going live, I asked my friend @chiuki on tips for doing Hangouts on Air. You can read her suggestions on her blog. Some of the things I learned from my experience were:
- Make sure you have a non-distracting background.
- Post on social media about the hangout before you go live.
- Get on the hangout at least 15 minutes early to deal with technical difficulties if any. Our hangout on air was very smooth because I got on about 20 minutes early and we made sure the audio and video were fine.
- Get to know your interviewer: Mike from AnDevCon Boston and I talked to each other about our recent Google I/O experience before going live.
- Have some talking points written down ahead of your interview so you don't blank out when you are asked questions.
- Thank everyone for being there and listening to you.
Things I should have done:
- Positioned the camera at a better angle so that I would look at the laptop camera directly instead of looking down at my screen
- Used pauses instead of saying umms and you knows. That will hopefully come with more practice :)