Yash Prabhu is a Senior Software Engineering Manager who manages a cross-functional multidisciplinary organization composed of 20 Android, iOS, web and QA engineers building client frameworks for the Xfinity mobile application at Comcast NBCUniversal.
Previously she led the Android team at Warner Bros. Digital Labs where her team was responsible for building Android apps for streaming services such as DC Universe, Cartoon Network Boomerang, Shudder & DramaFever.
Yash is a keen public speaker and keynote speaker who has spoken at multiple tech conferences on mobile, leadership and public speaking. She’s also a community organizer who previously co-organized DevOpsDays Philly and GDG Philly.
All slides are available at speakerdeck.com/yprabhu.
- Chicago Roboto, April, Keynote speaker - Being more than an Android developer (slides, video)
- Google Developers Group Philly January 31 - Intro to Augmented Reality on Android (meetup, slides)
- ElaConf, October - How public speaking made me a better leader and vice-versa (slides, video)
- DroidCon NYC, September - Mastering Android's app resources (slides, video)
- Android Summit, August - Mastering Android's app resources (slides)
- Chicago Roboto, April - Design Develop Deploy! (slides)
- DroidCon NYC, September - A Practical Guide to Material Design Implementation (slides, video)
- AnDevCon Boston, August - A Practical Guide to Material Design Implementation (slides)
- 360|AnDev Denver, July - A Practical Guide to Material Design Implementation (slides, video)
- ElaConf, November - Preparing for your first talk (slides, video)
- DroidCon NYC, August - Monetizing Android apps on the Play Store: Integrating in-app billing in your Android app (slides, video)
- AnDevCon Boston, July - Monetizing Android apps on the Play Store: Integrating in-app billing in your Android app (slides)
- GDG Philly, July - Moderator for Navigating your career as a technologist (website, Technical.ly Philly article)
- ElaConf, November - Leadership and Management Panelist (website)
- Android Alliance Philly, June - Moderator for Ask an Android Developer panel (website, blog)
- Girl Develop It Philly, May - Panelist at "A Day in the Life of a Developer" panel (Technical.ly Philly article)
- CTO School October Onboarding Engineers
- Android Alliance August Mastering Android's App Resources
- Android Alliance March Design Develop Deploy!
- Android Alliance April Material Design Implementation for Android Developers
- Android Alliance March Recycler View on Android
- Code for Philly Lightning Talk August Building a basic Android app
- Android Alliance April Monetizing Android apps on the Play Store
- Girl Develop It Philly Lightning Talk December 2014 Building an Android watchface
- Code for Philly/Girl Develop It Philly Summer 2015 Open Source Mentorship Program (Technical.ly Philly article)
- Code for Philly/Girl Develop It Philly Summer 2014 Summer of Open Source (Technical.ly Philly article)
- AnDevCon Boston AMA May 2016 - Michael Pehel from AnDevCon Boston and I chat about material design in Android (video)
- Android Dialogs August 2015 - Chiuki Chan of Android Dialogs and I chat about implementing in-app billing in Android (video)
- Google & Udacity's Android Study Jam February-March - Taught free Intro to Android course developed by Udacity as part of Google Developer Groups Study Jam series (Android Study Jam Session 1, Android Study Jam Session 2)
- Girl Develop It Philly May 2015 - Ran a free Java Study Group as a follow up to an Intro to Java class (Teaching Assistant)
- Girl Develop It Philly February-March 2015 - Was a teaching assistant for two Intro to Java classes, (Intro to Java 1, Intro to Java 2)
- Girl Develop It Philly March 2014 - Was a teaching assistant for an Intro to Github class (Intro to Github)
- Philly Tech Week/Android meets iOS May 2017 - Co-organized and hosted joint Android & iOS meetup
- AnDevCon Boston July 2015 - Hosted Women in Android Networking Lunch